|Job Description :
The Creative Director is responsible for determining the best ways to visually represent our global and diverse master planning, media pre-production, special venue, and attraction design projects. Working under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, this position is critical to the accurate interpretation, and ultimate realization, of our creative vision. From project initiation and concept design through production, installation and programming, the Creative Director is the guardian of the overall vision for the project, and the master of each detail that makes an award-winning entertainment experience.
This people-oriented job involves the development of high-level, simply masterful concepts for various entertainment projects, and then over-seeing the detailed articulation of those concepts through each design stage, managing the efforts of a complete compliment of designers. This position is responsible for sculpting and communicating the “wow factors” of a project, while managing the quality and efficiency of the design team. At times, the Creative Director will lead recruiting efforts for additional team members, or sourcing third party resources to supplement the internal team.
They must work frequently with external clients, communicate design solutions, and be able to extract client needs and apply them in unique and imaginative ways. The Creative Director is a key representative of the company to build, develop and manage client relationships throughout the development of projects. This may include routine international travel to conduct face to face meetings.
Additionally, the Creative Director will interface with the Vice President of Technology and President of Digital Media team to ensure seamless integration of virtual content with the physical environment. They will also team with the Chief Corporate Officer to develop proposals and achieve project deliverables within schedule and budget guidelines. They are responsible for the design team’s ability to meet the production deliverables within those guidelines, and that the project as a whole can be realized within the client’s budgetary and schedule requirements.
1. Ability to develop a comprehensive roadmap and outline specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish multiple project deliverables simultaneously.
2. Apply excellent memory and organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
3. Be comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting deadlines.
4. Participate in and lead brainstorming sessions and project charettes to establish storylines.
5. Establish the look and feel of various project elements.
6. Illustrate and script various aspects of projects to communicate to other project team members, including leading artists in the industry, the overall vision for each project.
7. Piece together disparate elements in a project through story-line and architectural and scenic theming.
8. Participate in and oversee the production of drawing and presentation packages to be presented to clients and investors.
9. Remain cognizant of budget criteria for projects and help manage resources to effectively meet that criterion.
10. Take a realistic/feasible approach to design by offering solutions that will meet real-world needs while maintaining the design intent.
11. Determine the pacing and pulse of the overall experience, including guest flow, ride timing, media integration, and various other considerations of each project.
12. Travel to project sites, when needed, to art direct efforts of various vendors.
13. Market for the Company by attending various trade shows and conventions, by providing artwork and art direction for Company marketing collateral and by networking with potential clients.
14. Recruit new employees and interns as needed.
15. Communicate frequently with Company owners regarding the progress made on various assigned projects.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of company structure (mission, goals, and objectives), and policies and procedures.
2. Must have a Fine Arts degree or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred, or comparable experience, with 4 years of management experience working with large-scale destination resort or theme park projects
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America.
6. Will not require Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to be employed (now or in the future).
7. Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals and can storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative design solutions.
8. A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development and creative process.
9. Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
10. Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and AutoCad.
11. Experience with Adobe After Effects & video editing (a plus)
12. Ability to make evaluative judgments.
13. Supervise, train, and most importantly inspire employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
14. Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, partners, vendors, consultants, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
15. Ability to develop, design or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative and technical contributions.
16. Capacity to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the position.
17. Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
18. Utilization of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
19. Ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
20. Fluently operate a personal computer and use of Microsoft Office (Including MS Project) software programs efficiently.
21. Must be able to do basic mathematical computations with a high degree of accuracy (for example, to calculate travel expenses or assist with budget calculations).
22. Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
23. Ability to travel internationally for short and longer durations.
24. Passion, Integrity, and Energy!
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to promoting an inclusive, diverse and innovative environment for our employees. We provide all qualified applicants with employment consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, ancestry, national origin, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, state and local laws. Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability with the job application process, please contact us at 407.909.9350 or via email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.